Llanberis in Snowdonia is a Mecca for climbers, mountaineers, hill-walkers, canoeists, kayakers, paragliders, artists and photographers.
The mountains of Snowdonia are one of Britain's most varied, beautiful and dramatic landscapes, where you will find plenty of excitement, adventure and fun.
Llanberis, an area rich in history and culture, is the perfect base for exploring the surrounding hills, lakes, and mountains. The village itself has several outdoor shops and a wide range of eating establishments.
Llanberis is at the foot of Snowdon and is the gateway to the Snowdonia National Park.
Dol Peris, High Street, Llanberis, Gwynedd, LL55 4HA
Map and Directions
Great things to do in the local area:—
- Phill George — Outdoor instruction ›
- Llanberis waterfall
- Dolbadarn Castle ›
- Caernarfon & Caernarfon Castle ›
- Llanberis lake railway ›
- Snowdon Mountain Railway ›
- Snowdon Star pleasure boat ›
- Georgio's Ice Cream shop ›
- Electric Mountain Visitor Centre ›
- Vivian Lake Diving Centre
- Padarn Country Park
- Caban Café ›
- National Slate Museum ›
- Snowdon on foot or bike
- Piggery Pottery ›
- Tan y Ddraig Pottery ›, Llanberis village
- Surf Lines ›
Llanberis is at the base of the highest summit in England and Wales—Snowdon, or Yr Wyddfa in Welsh